Information on service provision
2 Providing access to public information
Citizens and legal entities, foreigners and stateless persons have the right to access public information (official and official), as well as the right to re-use public sector information that is created or held by the public authorities of the Republic of Bulgaria, their territorial units and local self-government bodies.
- Based on:
Access to Public Information Act - Article 3, paragraph 1 and 3, Article 4
- The service is also provided as an intra-administrative service:
- Authority for the provision of the administrative service:
Minister for Innovation and Growth
- Duration of the document/individual administrative act:
- A body exercising control over the activities of the body providing the service:
Minister for Innovation and Growth
- Body before which an individual administrative act is appealed:
Administrative court of the applicant’s domicile
- Procedure, including time limits, for appeals against the actions of the authority in providing the service:
Decisions of a subject of obligations are subject to judicial review
- Limitations and conditionalities:
Appeal under the Code of Administrative Procedure to the administrative court of the applicant’s domicile within 14 days of receipt of the decision.
- E-mail address for suggestions:
Administrative service centre and/or units that contact users and provide administrative services
- Administrative units where documents are submitted and information on the progress of the case is obtained:
Administrative and Information Services Directorate
Address: Sofia, Sredets district, 12 Knyaz Alexander I Str.
Long-distance dialling code: 02
E-mail address: email@example.com
Office hours: Standard office hours, 9 am – 5.30 pm, with no breaks
According to Article 29, paragraph 4 of the Rules of Procedure of the Ministry of Innovation and Growth, the working hours of the administrative units that provide administrative services to citizens are from 9 am to 5:30 pm. The office hours of the Administrative Service Centre for Citizens shall be from 9 am to 5:30 pm on weekdays without interruption. Telephones to contact the Administrative Service Centre are at the cost of a city call, according to the dialer’s tariff.
- Procedure for the provision of the service
Any citizen or legal entity (in person or through an authorized representative) has the right to submit an application for access to public information creation and preservation to the Ministry of Innovation and Growth. Access to public information is granted on the basis of a written application or verbal request.
Pursuant to Article 25 of the Access to Public Information Act, an application shall be refused if it does not contain the following particulars:
- The full name and registered office of the applicant;
- Description of the requested information;
- Address for correspondence with the applicant
The application may also indicate the preferred form for providing access to the requested information.
- Ways of requesting the service
- at the Administrative Service Centre;
- by mail;
- at firstname.lastname@example.org
- through the Access to Public Information Platform;
- through the Secure Electronic Delivery System
- Ways of receiving the result of the service
- via a licensed postal operator;
- in person or through an authorized person at the MIG Administrative Service Center;
- electronically by e-mail;
- through the Access to Public Information Platform
- through the Secure Electronic Delivery System.
- A fee is payable for the service
Access to public information shall be granted upon payment of the costs of providing the information, the amount of which shall be determined in accordance with the Order of the Minister of Finance No ZMF-1472/29.11.2011 and provision of a payment document
- The service can be paid:
By bank transfer
- Samples of documents:
- Application for access to public information
Protocol for the acceptance of an oral application for access to public information